Surf & Exercise Classes
At Koa, our teaching methods will make learning to surf easier and will accelerate the process to ensure you get the most out of the surf. We offer classes and courses for beginners and improvers, children and adults, private and group lessons, so whatever your standard and whatever your learning preference, we’ll tailor the class to suit your needs and of course, make sure you have fun!
- For beginners, we’ll firstly teach you the initial stages of surfing on land, allowing you to practice the technique before putting it to practice in the sea.
- Class times may change slightly depending upon the tide and sea conditions – we will always choose the optimum time for a class and confirm the time as soon as possible.
- Your safety is important to us and all of our surf instructors are qualified by the Cantabrian Surfing Federation. Our instructors are all fully qualified in standard, as well as aquatic, first aid.
- If you sign up to classes as a group (6 students to 1 instructor), please ask about group rates. We can also organise barbeques at the Koa House’s garden for groups.
- Classes last two hours and a half, and the cost includes insurance (RC), board, wetsuit and tuition.